Friday, June 20, 2014

Brooke's Wedding Shower

Last weekend we had a lovely Saturday afternoon spent with family and friends. There was a great turnout for Brooke's wedding shower. The shower was held at my parents home in Redlands. I really have to thank Mikayla and mom. They did basically all the work in getting the shower planned and set up. I just swooped in at the last second to help with a few details and celebrate. It was also great to have many of Nik's family and friends in attendance. Nik's mom Valeria also made all the food, which was amazing and made for some great lunches for me this week.

We had a very laid back shower. No crazy games. Just hanging out and spending time with family and friends. At my shower we had everyone introduce themselves and then give a favorite memory or something special they wanted to share. When we did this at my shower I was overwhelmed with what everyone had to say about me. Thus I really wanted Brooke to experience that. I know she was holding in tears a few times. So I think she also enjoyed the activity.

Such a cute cake
Just some of the amazing food- this was so beautiful no-one wanted to eat it. 

Mikayla came up with these super cute center pieces

Brooke with just a few of the gifts she received

Brooke & her cake.. Thankfully she had not dropped it

The girls..
I know Brooke appreciated having everyone come out and celebrate with her. It was a great afternoon. We are under a month till the big day!

After cleaning up from the shower I spent some time with the family. Then we had Coldstone for Father's day. Dad always loves some ice cream, as do I!

To see the whole Album of photos

No comments:

Post a Comment