Friday, September 23, 2011

What a Summer....

What a summer it has been.... So many great things happened.
 The most amazing is that I got engaged!!

So here is a look at my summer....

Graduated with my Master's Degree.. So did Brennan :)

Enjoyed a few days in San Francisco 

Brennan started his new job with Insulindependence!!

My little brother graduated from high school.. Great job Sean

Went on my first Winery Tour for Melissa Deckers Swaffer's Bachelorette Party.. What a great day!!

Enjoyed Melissa's amazing wedding.. Congratulations!!

Coached another two weeks of Nike Swim Camps at San Diego State and Oklahoma University.. 
And only lost one swimmer and had one glass door break!! Successfully two weeks of swim camp.
Guess I should say do not worry we found the missing swimmer!!

Brennan surprised me with a new road bike.. We spend every Saturday together exploring North San Diego County on our bikes. Longest ride so far 50 miles!

Volunteered at Insulindependence University as a swim coach. Here is some of the members after swimming in La Jolla Cove.

How I spent most of my summer... Teaching swim lessons in my parents backyard.  I worked with over 50 kids and a few adults.  I would say about 90% are water safe and totally in love with swimming.  The other 10% are children all under 3.  I worked over 350 hours.. Single handily just teaching swimming!!

Who it all started with my amazing little friend Alex!!

Brennan's Mom came to visit!! We had a great time visiting different places in San Diego and even getting in a BBQ with my family in Redlands for the 4th of July.

Also got to see Brennan race a few times this summer that included an olympic distance triathlon in which he did awesome!! 

This is Brennan running a sub 20 minute 5k!!! It was awesome!!
You can read more about his races and even see different race video's he created from what I was able to  film on his blog at

The best part of my entire summer...
 I got engaged to the man of my dreams!!
It was a wonderful surprise and the start to the rest of our lives!!!

I got to see my good friend Katie, who I played water polo with at SDSU at her baby shower!!

Here are a few other memorable events... 
- Went to a Padre game with my dad and Brennan. Dad was having a reunion with his teammates from Cal Western. 
- Attended a Bridal expo with my amazing friend Anna Gonzales!! Started to get wonderful ideas.
- Started looking into churches and reception venues..  So far my amazing brother has viewed 3 different reception venues and all the churches.. I have a great little brother!
- Attended another Bridal expo this time in a reception venue that we are seriously considering with my amazing sisters and mom.

So it was a busy busy summer mostly spent in the pool working.  However as you can see I also had some great surprises, had some great times with friends and family. Plus I am sure I have left some things out. But what an amazing summer it was!!