Monday, March 17, 2014

Alyssa's November Wedding

Wedding Season:

Only about a month after my wedding I had the absolute pleasure of being in my best friend Alyssa’s wedding. It was to be held in Temecula, California. 

Alyssa and I have been friends since our sophomore year of high school when she transferred to RHS from Yucaipa. Since it was before she could drive she used to come home after school. Eat a ton of microwavable meals my dad’s specialty before swim practice. She would be working on all her AP classes, while I worked through the normal student classes. She was one of my biggest supporters during water polo season. Then for college she went to Wagner in Staten Island. This was a place I had never even heard of. Thankfully senior year I got to visit during spring break. We stayed friend over the years by snail mailing letters and pictures. Since graduation she has stayed living in the area. So we do not see each other much. 2013 was much different. She was out for some wedding planning and showers allowing us to finally get to hangout. Then she was in my wedding and a few weeks later I was in her wedding. It was so great to see her every few weeks.


Back to her actual wedding. I headed up to Temecula Friday morning, meeting an old friend Kimie who was also in the wedding party.  We did the normal things got our nails done, finalized some wedding details. Then went off to rehearsal for the ceremony at the church.  Alyssa has a ton of very cute nieces and nephews that kept everything interesting! After the rehearsal at the church we headed over to old town Temecula to an amazing BBQ place. Where we had a great night and I got to hang out with some other old friends from our swimming days.
Friday night I would get the pleasure of staying with Alyssa. It was so great to just spend time together and keep her from getting to nervous. Even better was I had just been her three weeks earlier and really understood. I can’t say that we slept a lot. Then it was Saturday morning and the day was in full swing. She had the hair and makeup people come to us. Which was nice! We all got dolled up and we were off. Brennan had driven down and was meeting my parents at the church.

The ceremony was absolutely beautiful. Alyssa was a stunning bride. Chris her husband looked great. The ceremony so beautifully included there family and friends! After the ceremony it was pictures and then off to the reception that was being held at the Falconer winery. Temecula is a rapidly growing area and I would love to spend more time out there with such beautiful wineries. The reception was a ton of fun with everyone dancing the night away. Brennan and I even made a stop off in the photo booth. My parents also found that to be a lot of fun!

After the reception we took the party bus back to the hotel and partied a little more in the hotel bar! It was great, Alyssa was still in her wedding dress. Everyone was just having a grand time together. I know how stressful the entire day can be as a bride and bridesmaid but just fun to see her sooo happy!

Sunday we would meet for a late breakfast. I got to see Alyssa for a little longer. It was an amazing weekend. Congratulations to Chris and Alyssa. It was a pleasure to be a part of your special day. You have been an amazing friend over the years. I hope that the future bring us more visits together with a little less stress! 


Probably my favorite picture of the entire wedding. Alyssa's confusion with my look is classic us. To many I think they wondered how we were such good friends with such very different goals and minds. But we work and these faces are why- we balance each other out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment