Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fun Days at Work

I really enjoy my job. For starters we are a start up company and there are only 5 employee's.  This makes it fun cause your never having to wait for a response. If I need to ask the CEO a question- I look over my computer screen and ask.  He sits across from me. We work in a small office with all five of us employee's.

Like any job. No matter how much you enjoy it there are long days, annoying days and tough days. But then there are the days when you think man I am lucky and really enjoy my job. In the last two weeks I have had two great experiences that make me think how lucky and thankful I am with the great job I have.

I work for PEAR Sports. If you don't know what we sell check out our website.  I am in charge of customer support and whatever else comes across my desk and through my email.  Well prior to the Olympics our parent company had some connections with USA Women's Water Polo.  Thus this task fell on my desk cause I have the water polo background.  I have to say it was pretty fun.  I got the women's national team PEAR shirts to wear around in London.  Then the plan was when they came home from the games to get them some Square One units to workout with.

Two weeks ago I was contacted by Jessica Steffens of the team about coming into the office and learning about the product. I got the job of meeting with her- naturally because I actually understand the game of water polo.  I actually played against Jessica a few times in college.  Jessica wanted to meet with me to learn about the product and be able to help me with the other girls on the team. I set up to meet with her Thursday afternoon. It was really fun to help her set up her unit. While setting up her account and unit we talked about the Olympics, water polo in general, our college days, where we think the sport is headed. And a whole range of other stuff. She has many of the same mannerisms as my friend/college roommate and teammate Anna. Anna was an awesome player- she played 2 years professionally overseas. 

I enjoyed getting to spend my afternoon with Jessica just chatting and working (alittle). After we got her all set up with her unit and answered all her questions. She busted out the medal. We talked about the differences between this medal and the silver she had won in 2008. The medal is extremely heavy. She said she no longer lets people wear it because it is causing the strap to wear. Then she was like well lets get some pictures with me and this medal. She was so great about it. After taking her picture I thanked her again. She laughed at me and was like um take the medal so I can get your picture. I started laughing! However I really appreciated that she was giving me the opportunity to hold her medal and get a picture of it. I think she actually enjoyed someone not taking her picture- cause she just kept taking photo's. She was moving closer, zooming tilting the camera.  I suggested after she finished playing water polo she should really consider photography! It was a great afternoon at work- plus a fun person to be associated with. 
Just another day at the office with a GOLD MEDAL


Jessica with her Gold medal


Then last week it was my co-workers Amanda's birthday. I will do another blog about making cookies.  But since it was her birthday and we are an active active company we all went open water swimming for lunch.  The water was almost to warm for the wetsuit. But I did wear it.  We went for 1.5 mile swim and the water was great. It was so clear I could see the bottom the whole time. At one point I saw a sand dollar was diving down the 10 feet or so and a wave came over the top moving all the sand.  Sadly I never found the sand dollar.  But what a Friday afternoon a beautiful day at the beach a quick swim. Then lunch with all my co-workers and then back to the office. I have to say it was another one of those days that I thought damn I like my job.  

No comments:

Post a Comment