Saturday, July 23, 2011

It's not a cliche to me...

I would guess every girl says this about there boyfriend... So it may seem like a bit of a cliche. 
My boyfriend is absolutely amazing!! 


After a rough day he brings me flowers...
Always manages to send sweet text messages just when I need them..
Plans the best adventures...
He always makes me smile and laugh..
 Brennan never ceases to amaze me!!  

While I was away working camp in Oklahoma, Brennan did it again.  I swear he amazes me everyday. He surprised me with a rode bike!!

We have talked about getting me a rode bike for about a year.  Brennan rides about four times a week with Saturday being his long ride.  He always says it would be so much better if we were both out riding.  So naturally Brennan has had me test out some different bikes to find my frame size.  I planned to really start looking once my life settled down a bit.  Well Brennan just could not wait any longer!  Turns out he had already researched which bike would be good for me and had been intensely searching craigslist.  His search paid off!!! 

Again never ceasing to amaze me a rode bike requires cycling shoes.  He took multiple pairs of my shoes down to the bike shop and got me a pair of cycling shoes. Which fit PERFECTLY!!! Sounds like some type of modern day athletic fairy tale.. Well I can say I have found my prince charming! So when I arrived home from camp he had gotten me a great bike in which he personally tuned up.  A very cute pair of cycling shoes and a helmet.

In my first week I rode a few times alone to get used to everything.  For a total of about 12 miles.  Then we went on our first long Saturday ride.  It was a really great time and very tiring.  But I survived a 32 mile ride on the coast of beautiful San Diego.  So I felt awesome about that!!!  Even ran into my grandpa going on his walk. He was so confused and I was still so worried about stopping at the light, guess he asked where my pants were.  At least that is what Brennan says.

Out on our first long Saturday ride

Well so far I have enjoyed biking.  I have managed to fall only 3 times!!  In about 3 weeks worth of riding. I am told that is really good, however my knee's are skinned and I have a ton of bruises.  So I cannot say I agree with that statement.  I have gotten way more comfortable on the bike though.  Brennan is an amazing coach in all areas!!  Especially with the gears, cause I have really struggled in that department.   

So far we have had three long Saturday rides.  Our longest being 47 miles.  I look forward to all the long Saturday rides we have in our future together and the hundred of thousands of miles we will ride. Plus the memories we will make!!!

Brennan thank you for the surprise!! I love the bike so much!! The shoes are great.  Plus, I have loved every second of riding especially when it has been with you!! Ok except for the falling part..

So it may be a cliche to some....
 However my boyfriend is absolutely amazing!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment