Friday, November 2, 2012

Fall Football

Many of my Saturday's in the fall are spent consumed with football.. I have to say this comes from my families love (some would say obsession) with the game. As a kid if we weren't at the pool we were watching anyone who was on TV. We also watched a lot of University of Utah since my Uncle Sean (Dad's good friend) coached there for 23 years. However when I left for college I would say my family found a new team to route for every Saturday. The San Diego State Aztec's!! 

Three season's ago my parents became season ticket holders. Prior to that they would come to a few games. I would say it also helped when Brooke started dating Nik (starting right guard for the last 4 years). By having him on the team it has given us all a vested interest in the team. It has been a lot of fun over the last few years.  We have even managed to go to some away games.  Mom and I went to Missouri Nik's Sophomore year. That same year the entire family attended the Poinsettia Bowl that Aztec's played in.  Last season Dad, Brooke and our dear friend Chuck (RIP) went to Michigan- Brooke also traveled to New Orleans for the bowl game.  This season Dad, Mom, Brooke and me all went to Seattle for the season opener.

But home games are always a treat.  I mean for starters you cant beat beautiful San Diego! It's always fun when my parents come down to San Diego and spend some time. Especially now since Brooke, Sean and me all live within 25 miles of each other in San Diego. My parents have had different family friends come along with them. It is always a good time at the Aztec games.

A few weekends ago the entire family was down for a tailgate! We even managed to get a picture.  From the looks of it I bet you have no idea which team we were supporting!

The entire family representing the Aztecs!
This Saturday I will be glued to my TV just like all the other away game Saturday. I will be dressed in my Aztec gear and cheering away as if I am in the stands. Two weeks ago in a tight game against Reno I started yelling at the TV (we were about to tie it up).  Poor Brennan had to remind me that it was 11pm.  So my goal for this weekend's night game no yelling!  Sorry Brennan :) In case you were wondering the Aztec's tied the game and pushed it in to OT.  Where they then went on to win by deciding to go for two!! Was an awesome game!

Don't worry the Vessey's & Brennan have a few more home games left for Nik's Senior season and a bowl game.  The Vessey's are planning to go bowling as well.. Only time will tell where we are headed!!

Go Aztecs!

No comments:

Post a Comment