Sunday, February 19, 2012

Valentines Day

I realize it is a consumer created holiday.  This one day in February causes many girls a rough day.  NOT Me!  Brennan treats me great daily and made sure that Valentines was no different. 

Brennan and I have always left notes for each other.  It is common for me to come home and find a note.  One of the first times Brennan went home after we started dating he came back with this stuffed Moose.  He has since been named Admiral Moose.  Once in a while Admiral is the keeper of our notes.  He can be found in different places keeping our notes safe till we can read them.  

A few weeks ago I found him in the kitchen!!

While many girls would be happy to get just one note. I get them all the time and I am so thankful for that. However Brennan made Valentines day even more special.  I was sitting at work only to receive a delivery.  My roses were beautiful and they came with a cute little bear.  It would seem that Admiral Moose has a new friend.  Only time will tell if he also gets to become the keeper of our notes.  The flowers made a lovely addition to my desk for the week.

I realize many people also get worked up about making big plans for Valentines day. Brennan & I wanted no part of that! After work Brennan and I would have a rare evening with no working out and no coaching.  We would make dinner together.  Enjoyed our attempt to make something different for dinner and enjoy our meal together.  After dinner I would give Brennan his Valentines gift.  (He was not happy I got him something)  I gave him a new road id with updated information.  It was a practical gift and much needed!

After cleaning up dinner, we headed to rent a movie.  I was able to convince him to get a chick flick.  We then decided to get some things at the grocery store.  Brennan knows the way to my heart!  Even though I had ice cream in the freezer he suggested I get some Ben & Jerry's. I tried to convince him it was not needed but after a good amount of convincing.  Oh who we kidding- I got some Ben & Jerry's.  I did let Brennan pick the flavor since he claims I always pick the same three flavors and they are boring.  As we headed to the register to check out.  I asked Brennan to hold the ice cream, while I went to grab something else, he refused.  Not wanting people at the store to think he was upset on Valentines day and was going to eat his emotions away.  All I could do was laugh, I could not believe he even thought of that.  However as I headed to grab something else. Brennan wandered off- leaving me as the girl with the Ben & Jerry's.  I got a few looks.  All I could do was laugh!! 

We would enjoy our movie and it turned out to be a romantic comedy that had us both laughing. Then as fast as it came Valentines day was over. However Brennan makes me feel special everyday.  Especially when he enlists the help of Admiral Moose.  Thursday afternoon would show me again how great Brennan is.  I would come home to find Admiral Moose holding another note for me.  It was nice to receive especially because Brennan is out of town till Wednesday!


Thank you Brennan for an amazing Valentines day.  But more importantly for being AMAZING everyday!! I LOVE YOU. I look forward to many more Valentines day but more importantly many more "regular" days together! And a few more notes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment