Sunday, December 18, 2011

Thankful

It's that time of year when everywhere you turn you are reminded of what you are thankful for.  Every year I have so much to be thankful for.. However this last year I have even more to be thankful for.


I have the best parents anyone could ask for.  They are so supportive.  They supported me going to school for my Master's degree.  Trying to be a college coach and setting an example of being in a loving relationship.  I took for granted how lucky I am to have my parents.  A few weeks ago I was out with my dad and sisters looking for an anniversary present for mom.  And people would ask him how many years.  Dad would reply 28 years.  Every person who asked seemed shocked at the answer and would reply you just dot hear that anymore.  Made me sad and then I realized how lucky and thankful I truly am to have there love and  support in all my endeavours.


I am thankful for my siblings who are my best friends.  They never cease to amaze me and I find them absolutely amazing!! To have gotten to experience so much with Brooke in San Diego.  To have spent all summer at home hanging out with Sean and KK.  To have my little brother headed to Diego in 2012. To get to be living near him and be a part of his college experience.  To be able to watch KK ball it up.  Have her allow me to be so involved even when I am living away from home.  


I am thankful for my entire family- I have one awesome family! To all my relatives that are supportive and the amazing emails that we send each other.  A big thanks to grandpa Vessey who has feed me a lot in the last 5 years.  Without him I would have possibly starved at times! 

I am extremely thankful to have found Brennan.  To find someone that supports me in everything I do.  To be supportive in my search for a job and all his help in getting me a job!  Not only is he my best friend and the love of my life- he made it official earlier this year by asking me to marry him.  I am so thankful to know that he loves me as much as I love him.  That we will have a lifetime of adventures!!

Thankful for my new family in the Cassidy's.  I could not have found more supportive in-laws (well they will be eventually).  You are very special people and I thank you for being so amazing to me and welcoming to your family.

I am thankful to have had the opportunity to graduate with my Master's degree last May! For all those that helped me in those 23 long months.

Thankful for the opportunities I had at San Diego State as a student, an athlete and then as a coach.  To have meet such great people.  And to have coached amazing young women.  To have been a part of school history and win a conference title.


I am thankful for the non profit organization Insulindependence that holds such a special place in my heart.  The group of friends it has helped us find as well as the healthy lifestyle it is helping Brennan to live.  The organization has helped me reach personal goals.  I am running another half marathon for them.  I will also be raising funds.  If you would like to donate click on my fundraising page.

Thankful for all the families and little swimmers I had this summer.   For starters they helped me survive financially.  But more importantly allowed me to be such a huge part of there children's lives.  Teach them a life saving skill of swimming and being safe around water.  As well as helping me believe in myself personally as I was starting to search for the next step in life.  A huge thank you to the Fillman family- who have swam with me for 5 years and sent me numerous other families.

I am beyond grateful and thankful to all those who are organ donors.  You are truly thinking about others when you added that sticker to your drivers license.  To the individual and his family who were our organ donors 3+ years ago.  Your gift is invaluable and will never be forgotten! For what you gave is truly priceless and I am so thankful.

I am thankful for a man who works in Brennan's building for allowing me to work for his online gift shop.  As well as Brennan for giving him my resume.  I worked for hospitalgiftshop.com.  Without him I would have struggled to survive financially.  Also for him introducing me to my current employer. To my current employer for taking a chance on a volunteer college coach (who has no business skills & has done nothing away from the pool- that's what multiple places told me) So to them I thank them from the bottom of my heart. I am so fortunate and love my new job.  My job includes many different roles. Check out the first of our many products the PEAR Square One, launching the start of the new year.

To have great friends who are so supportive of my life.  To have them be excited for me as I attempt to get into racing triathlon.  To be excited and supportive that I found Brennan and looking forward to helping me plan my big day.

There are very descriptive things I am thankful for.  But like everyone I am thankful to be in a good financial situation during this very rough time.  For the support system I have.  For my health! And to be loving life to the fullest!

Life is an adventure and I am living it!

No comments:

Post a Comment