Monday, September 13, 2010

Following the black line

   So my life may consist of being out of the pool these days.. Only in that I don't spend hours on end following the black line, getting the huge tan circle on my back, or wondering if my arms will be connected when practice finally ends.. However when you have done something your whole life its a weird feeling when it all of a sudden just ENDS!!
     My swimming career ended at the 2009 MWC Swimming Championships with the mile.. I remember it like yesterday, I had 66 laps to let it all soak in.. My collegiate career was ending with every stroke. Then I finished and I knew it was all over.  After touching the wall, I looked first at my sister Brooke who is not only my best friend but my teammate.

I then looked up in the stands and saw my parents.  Who I want to thank so much for the early mornings, long days, and unwavering support of my waterpolo and swimming career.



      Taking one more look at the pool and the clock, I climbed out. And then started thinking what do I do without the black line to follow.  It had literally lead me my whole life. That black tile line was my comfort, support, structure and something I had spent hours staring at over the years. I started to wonder could I find my way without it.. 
   It turns out that black line has helped to shape my life.  I have it to thank for many of the opportunities that have come along throughout my life, but especially the opportunities that have arisen in the last year or so. I may not get in the pool everyday and follow that black line. But its a nice felling to know that when I am stressed or just want some time to myself that black line will ALWAYS be there for me to follow!!





No comments:

Post a Comment